Latest

Claremont Fire Damages Garage on Cat Hole Road

Authorities say that around 2 PM on Saturday, fire crews responded to 52 Cat Hole Road in Claremont to the report of a fire in a garage attached to a home. Firefighters were faced with heavy flames and after additional personnel arrived, they used two hoses on both stories of the garage to douse the flames.

They also cut a ventilation hole in the roof and with the combined efforts, were able to knock the fire down before it spread to the main home, deemed under control around 3:15 PM.

An investigation yielded that an ATV battery charger inside the garage started the fire. The property was confirmed to have been insured and tanker trucks from Charlestown, Cornish, Newport, Plainfield, and Meriden all responded with water because there were no fire hydrants nearby.

The garage’s second floor, consisting of a family room and two other rooms, was damaged heavily and the home suffered heat, smoke, and water damage.

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s

%d bloggers like this: