New London’s 1941 Building’s Cupola Saved from Demolition
Since the early 1940’s a structure stood in the middle of New London that was a representative icon of education in the area. It was originally the high school then became the middle school for the Kearsarge District when the new high school was constructed in North Sutton. It was decided that because of maintenance cost the prudent thing to do was to take it down. A group of local citizens got together and in collaboration with the school district proposed saving some of the identifiable features of the building. We caught up with two of the prime players to learn more.
Leave a Reply