The Sunapee Fire Department responded to a structure fire at a Georges Mills antique shop late Tuesday evening, and extinguished the blaze in less than 15 minutes.
Crews responded to Prospect Hill Antiques on Prospect Hill road shortly before 4 o’clock Tuesday afternoon, to find the fire secluded to the rear of the building. Firefighters quickly knocked the blaze out, preventing any serious damage to the area used as storage and as a workshop for employees.
The Newport and New London Fire Departments provided mutual aid on the scene, while crews from the Newbury Fire Department covered the Sunapee Fire Station. No injuries were reported on the scene, and authorities estimated the damage to be minimal.
The cause of the fire has yet to be determined but is not considered to be suspicious. The popular antique shop was open for business as usual Wednesday morning.