YCN Latest

Microwave Blamed for Fire at Windsor Hotel Monday

A microwave is said to be to blame for causing a blaze at the Windsor Motel on Route 5 in Ascutney, Vermont Monday morning. According to a press release, firefighters responded to the scene shortly before 10 a.m. Monday morning where they tracked smoke back to a microwave oven that had caught fire.

Crews brought the appliance outside, and had the fire out within approximately two minutes. The room was not occupied at the time of the fire, though surrounding rooms were evacuated as a precaution. Damage is estimated at around $3,000 dollars in the room, and the investigation into what sparked the blaze remains ongoing.

Anyone with information on the case is asked to call the Ascutney Fire Department at 802-674-6869.

Leave a Reply

%d bloggers like this: