Lebanon Middle School Students Evacuated After Smoke Detected
Lebanon Middle School students and staff were evacuated Wednesday afternoon after smoke was detected in the building around 1 p.m.
After a brief investigation by area fire departments, it was determined that smoke from the school’s pellet boiler had drifted back into the building through its air-intake system. Lebanon Assistant fire Chief Jeff Libbey told the Valley News that no one was in danger and that there was no damage to the building built in 2012. A similar incident occurred at the school last fall, though that situation did not call for an evacuation. Students and staff were allowed back in the school in about an hour.
School officials told the Valley News the boiler has been running since last week, and is typically switched to ideal by late morning. Members of the Lebanon, Hanover and Hartford fire departments responded to the scene.
Leave a Reply