YCN Latest

Newport Painting Business Damaged by Fire; No Injuries Reported

A painting business in Newport was damaged Saturday afternoon when an electrical malfunction sparked a blaze at Foster’s Professional Painting Plus. Mutual aid departments from the surrounding area were called to the building on John Stark Highway around 6:20 PM, after Newport Fire Chief Peter Lamb saw smoke rising from the building.

The fire, later deemed electrical in nature, started on the first floor and moved up into the attic, but was knocked down by 7:30 PM. There were no injuries and no one was inside the building at the time of the blaze.

In addition to Saturday’s fire, Newport Fire and EMS responded to a second blaze on Sunday around 6:30 PM for a reported building fire at 3 Golf Club Road. Crews found a small fire in the basement that had spread slightly to the first floor. It was knocked down within 20 minutes and Sunapee, Goshen, and Lempster all helped in responding to the scene.

Leave a Reply