YCN Latest

Cause of House Fire in Putney Deemed as Electrical

All occupants including two children, are safe after a house fire in Putney Thursday morning.

According to a press release from the Putney Fire Department, homeowner Shane Goldsmith called 911 around 7:30 Thursday morning to report a fire in his home. Shane and his wife Stephanie awoke to the sound of their infant crying through the baby monitor and quickly discovered that a fire had started in their living room.

Stephanie, Shane, their two children, and their dogs, were all safely evacuated from the home. Two cats succumbed to the fire and the home suffered significant heat and smoke damage.

The fire was under control by 8 AM, but Shane had to be transported to a nearby hospital for smoke inhalation and exposure while the rest of the family remained in the care of the Putney Fire Department.

The cause of the fire was deemed electrical and the home is now unlivable for the Goldsmith family.

Currently, the Windham Foundation is providing a home for the family and their dogs and any donations can be given to the Putney Fire Department.

Leave a Reply

%d bloggers like this: