A sad story out of Andover, New Hampshire after authorities say a man was killed Thursday from injuries sustained in a fire on Kearsarge Mountain Road.
According to police, initial calls reported a propane explosion in the area, but upon arrival it was determined that the fire had begun in a pile of brush. By the time first responders made it to the victim, he was unable to be resuscitated and pronounced dead at the scene.
The fire caused little damage to structures located on the 189 Kearsarge Mountain Road property, and officials believed it was caused accidentally.
Authorities are not releasing the identity of the victim until family can be notified, and an autopsy to determine an official cause of death was scheduled for Friday afternoon.
The fire itself also remains under investigation by the state’s Fire Marshall’s Office.