YCN Latest

Canaan Resident Homeless After Trailer Fire

A resident of Canaan New Hampshire is now searching for a new home after losing his trailer to a fire early Thursday morning, as officials deemed the cause of fire to have likely been from an overloaded woodstove.

Don Degrasse, who has lived in the home since 1995, lost everything that was in the home at the time of the blaze, including a pet cat.

Degrasse was not home at the time of the fire, as he delivers newspapers overnight for a job, and likes to start fires in the wood stove prior to working so that his home is still warm by the time he comes home.

Fire officials won’t be able to determine an exact cause of the fire given the absolute destruction of the home.

In a Facebook post Thursday, Canaan Fire offered their thanks to several surrounding fire departments and emergency agencies for their assistance.

Leave a Reply

%d bloggers like this: