A follow-up on a story we brought you Tuesday regarding a large fire in Unity Monday that displaced a family of nine. Well in a season notorious for giving, an online fundraiser has already netted nearly $3,000 dollars for the family in less than 48 hours.
The GoFundMe.com page was created late Monday night by Dakota Kowalczyk, the brother of resident Walter Kowalczyk. The Kowalczyk family lost their 94 Sawyer Brook Road home in a two-alarm fire Monday afternoon believed to have been sparked by a faulty woodstove.
It took crews from nine different departments nearly four hours to extinguish the blaze, and thankfully no injuries were reported.
The family was put up in a hotel Monday night by the American Red Cross, though as Dakota Kowalczyk posted on the GoFundMe Page, all they have is the clothes on their back and each other.
Visit to GoFundMe page here.