YCN Latest

One Injured in Hanover Basement Fire

One person was hospitalized as the result of a basement fire Monday night in Hanover that took crews about an hour to extinguish.

Authorities have not yet released the identity of the individual who was injured in his basement apartment located on 16 Buck Road property that also houses the Hanover Conservancy. According to a press release from the Hanover Fire Department, the fire started in the basement and eventually spread to the first floor and possibly further.

The structure was not destroyed in the fire, and cleaning crews from ServePro remained on the scene Tuesday afternoon.

No information was available as of broadcast time on the individual’s condition, though no other injuries were reported as a result of the fire.

Leave a Reply

%d bloggers like this: